CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 03-17-2014, 02:58 PM   #1
Francis Palattao

Profile:
Gymnastics + Strength Training Program

Hi Guys,

I have been doing crossfit for a while and wanted to try something different and work on some of my weaknesses.

Did some searching and some folks have considered doing a Gymnastic + Wendler programming.

Curious if anyone out there has done anything similar and to share their progress, dos and donts?

Pretty new with gymnastics and would like to get comfortable doing FL and BL but would like to do some lifts.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2014, 07:34 PM   #2
Vinh Huynh

Profile:
Re: Gymnastics + Strength Training Program

Wendler's 5-3-1 program is a very specific program. Adding, modifying, removing, etc. aspects of it means you're no longer doing his program. But wanting to combine gymnastics training with his strength format isn't necessarily wrong either.

Myself, I've made great gains by doing CrossFit. But if I want to really improve in one area then I do have to focus on it. Recently that has been weightlifting for me. Everything I do currenlty is to get better at the sport of weightlifting and I only metcon 2 or 3 times a week to make sure my conditioning doesn't completely unravel.

Usually I say set one goal and do that and exhaust it to the fullest extent and do everything else just enough to try to maintain it.