CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 03-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #1
Matthew J. Davis

Profile:
"New Guy" Here

Hey all. I say "new guy" because I did a post months ago when I intended to begin crossfit....it never happened.

My journey has begun (finally)! My fiancee and I joined a gym that is a crossfit affiliate.

A little background about myself:
I've been training Gracie Jiu-jitsu for 5 years now and did some circuit training along with it. Recently (7 months ago) just purchased my own business. My training has drastically dropped since I took this journey. In an effort to get back to the shape I once was, I'm taking to crossfit. Tons of guys I train with do it, one of my best friends has been participating in crossfit for a few years now. He's been my "go-to" guy. I see the results and hope I can dicipline myself enough to obtain those results as well.

My eating is fairly clean but I tend to cheat more than I should. I hope to tone up more than anything. I'm 27, 5'7" and weigh 160lbs, but I have some "mid section" I'd like to get rid of. Weight isn't an issue for me because I'm not competing in Jiu-jitsu tournaments. I do it for the cardio and self defense.

Hope to live the lifestyle, become healthier and build a relationship with the crossfit world. Thanks for having me and I apologize for the lengthy initial post.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:44 PM   #2
Robert Fabsik

Profile:
Re: "New Guy" Here

Welcome.
Would you tolerate being 185?
Old 03-27-2014, 05:33 AM   #3
Price Goosby

Profile:

Glad to have ya Matthew.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:54 PM   #4
Matthew J. Davis

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fabsik View Post
Welcome.
Would you tolerate being 185?
Yeah I could handle that. Weight for me isn't an issue, it's purely how I look/feel.